Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Does nothing else matter??

I am against both Rahul but will come back to it after sometime. Sometime back Rahul wrote a intro for me and I guess I will do the same for him. Rahul is this person with moderate views and believes fiercely that a person has his/her own views and that they must be respected at all cost. Its thier own life after all. But then I guess I am an extremist and have very strong opinion on most subjects. But then I don't want to force them down anyones neck. I am just expressing my own views here. If anyone agrees its ok and if not it still is.

Now coming to the point. I am against both the points Rahul mentioned below, more against hypocrisy. But then I also don't feel that people leaving thier disciplines just for money are doing the correct thing. I don't say that money is not important. Without that I wouldn't be here typing in this post. But then the question remains, is it all that matters? Money can buy you all things in life other than happiness. It can get you the stuff to play hockey but it can't make you enjoy it. Do you not think that you would regret not having done what you wanted to once you think over stuff at some point in your life? Would you rather not follow your dreams?

If you are not enjoying it please don't do it. But do you think money should be the sole reason of not enjoying your job? I agree financial security is a major concern. And I am not judging anyone beacuse he or she made a choice. Who am I to judge? But I am just suggesting that they should also consider what they would be losing out on. I once had a lesson in Hindi which said something like "Its only the person that dives deep who comes up with a pearl. Someone who sits at the shore doesn't know that joy." But then I guess its not an ideal world. The priority given to money is not wrong. But don't you think the priority should be given a bit more thought. And I know it seems like I am saying all this because I want to appear cool. But please believe that this is not the case. This is something I believe in.

By the way tomorrow is engineers day. Here's saluting Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarava and all other engineers who have helped India become self dependent in technological areas. Hats off to you all. Also guys this blog is getting like a dialogue between me and Rahul. I know people are busy but you all could atleast post comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But don't you think the priority should be given a bit more thought."

How do you know it's not being given enough thought?

Rahul said...

That was me... forgot to unclick the 'anonymous' radio button