Thursday, September 23, 2004

Three years and so many more.....

Rahul wrote a blog sometime back about how quick time is and how we lose contact.... It brought back a lot of those old memories.... The movies, ANC trips, music nites and so much more.... Was it just three years??

I still remember that sleepy Sunday afternoon when I was introduced to four seniors.... Ankit, Thakur, Sudeep and Rahul.... and God knows that the three years was too less a time.... It almost seems like yesterday when we used to play NFS2 till late in the night.... just a few days back we had a movie marathon.... and that FRIENDS episode.... But if I look closely it was much more.... It wasn't just three years.... seemed like decades.... almost like I had known them for all my life....

Mails and sms are a farce and maybe that is why physical presence of a person is so necessary.... But then they provide a much needed contact.... just imagine where we would have been without all this.... aren't they a connecting lifeline.... 850 kms for just 24 hours doesn't seem at all foolish.... atleast not to me.... I remember travelling to Guwahati for a cousin's marriage.... more than 4500 kms just for 36 hours but then they were worth it....

Life will always move on keep moving and you know what we can get left behind.... but then thats what friends are for.... to always keep pulling you along.... and you will always be with us.... and you know why you cannot get left behind.... because then a part of us will be left behind....

And distances do not matter.... and thank you all for always being there....

I'll be there for you ... when the rain starts to fall.
I'll be there for you ... like I've been there before.
I'll be there for you ... cause you're there for me, too.


1 comment:

Rahul said...

Hey, I remember that song... Middle of December 2003... New Delhi Railway Station... Prayag Raj Express pulling away... with me standing on the door... Po and K on the platform... and we're singing it...

Good times man...