Thursday, September 23, 2004

The road of life...

Ankit and I are heading for Pune in the first weekend of Oct for Sudeep's birthday... there still are hiccups that need to be overcome, but I'm sure I'm gonna make it there. When there's a will, there's a way... and this time round, there is more than will. It's gonna be a small meeting with Thax and Sudeep... about 24 hours in the train and almost the same time with them.

Ha ha, what has it come to... these were chaps who were always within shouting range... for 4 years... 4 long years that now freaking seem so short. The road of life has moved on and moved on real fast. An 850 kilometer trip for 24 hours, there was a time when I would have considered it stupid... a waste... I guess perception changes, for there's nothing in the near future that I'm looking forward to more.

I knew it would change, I thought I was ready for it... but it sure has ended up hitting me hard. I'm good at mailing, I'll keep in touch, it'll be the same... that's what I had thought... shit, I was so wrong... all the mailing, all the phone calls, all the sms in the world aren't even close to being an equivalent. Keeping in touch through mailing lists, scraps, nah, all crap... they're no substitutes. It's probably a bit psychological too... yes, there were those who I didn't meet for weeks on end... but at least I knew that if I wanted to, I could... maybe I really took them for granted.

Yes, there are those I've lost touch with... so soon... and they've just disappeared... All you guys... I hope you're happy... I hope you find what you're looking for... I hope we can meet again someday...

Goyal wrote in a mail and mentioned the Khetri trip... and memories just came tumbling forth... all those trips, all that fun... the first trip to Dhaba... there was that song we had sung all the way... "bas yaadein reh jaati hain"... life sure moved on quick... sometimes I feel I was left behind...

Love you all...


No comments: