Thursday, September 02, 2004

Search for the name

Rahul suggested that the first entry in the blog should be about how we went about searching for the name for my blog.
All credits to Rahul. He is the one who came up with the name.
Here is how it goes..... In the (sleepy) afternoon hours today, I came up with this (brilliant) idea to start my own blog. So I go to blogger.com (where else??) and create an account for myself. But the question was what shud the blog be called. I thought of "That's me in the corner" for name and "mycorner" for the url. Was not sure so decided to ping Rahul. When i told him that I was thinking of calling it "That's... corner", his first reponse was that the url shud be "mycorner". Alas, it was not what was meant to be coz the url was not available.
Next Rahul suggested "Swimming in a fish bowl" + "myfishbowl". However, It was rejeced without much thought because of certain reasons. After we had discussed a few more, both of us agreed on "Waiting for the winter sun" + "wintersun" but that too was not meant to be (God! Why me??).
Now we knew that the task we had taken up was not as easy as we had thought it was. After this, we tried "Till you came knocking at my door" + "mydoor" but yet again we were unsuccessful.
At this point of time, I was forced to change my line of thought as I had to leave for an important meeting. But Rahul, he didn't stop..... he kept on thinking and came up with some cool ideas... "just nod if you can hear me" & "justnod" and "smoke on the horizon" & "distantship".
Then,.... it was then that the masterpiece came - "On the road again" & "eastofomaha"..... Seeing this I knew that the success was near. All that was required of me was execution.
And thus, this blog was created.

---This is just the Beginning---

No comments: